As we are licensed financial institution (under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium), we are required to perform an identity check. * It's important to highlight that we don't receive your identity data via the bank, and are required - by law - to perform this check as part of the anti-money laundering legislation.
The app will ask you to take a picture of your identity card and to validate your identity data. This might seem a bit annoying but it is an obligation that the National Bank of Belgium imposes on payment institutions like Cake.
How do you take a picture of your ID exactly? 🤔
1. Click on the Cake logo that's on the Journal screen, to the left of your bank account(s).
2. Click on the "Claim your Rewards" button that you will find on the bottom right of the screen.
3. After you have read the intro screens, click on "Continue".
4. Take a nice frontside picture of your identity card.
5. Click "Continue" if the picture is clear. It is best to retake the picture if the photo is not clear.
6. Confirm your information and press "Continue"
Voilà, that's it!
You will now be able to claim your Rewards and initiate payments through Cake. 💸